Child Engagement Worker
- Base Salary: $42,354 - $44,206 (p.a.)
- Total Effective Package: $57,643 - $59,708 (p.a.)*
- Full-time and Part-time Maximum Term Contracts until 31 December 2020
- Aboriginal Identified Position
Central Australian Aboriginal Congress not only offers rewarding career options but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Competitive salaries
- Six (6) weeks' annual leave
- 9.5% superannuation
- Generous salary packaging
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
- Access to the Congress health services for you and your family at no cost
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- District allowance and Remote Benefits
About the role
The CHaD Child Engagement Worker delivers culturally appropriate and quality early childhood education, health, and development programs to children using children's first language based on the Abecedarian Approach Australia (3a). The position is part-time for Aboriginal Language speakers and focuses on the implementation of a culturally rich environment that includes the use of Aboriginal languages of children in the centre, games, activities, and songs. The program is based on the Early Years Learning Framework and the Abecedarian Approach Australia (3a).
Congress has a strong focus on cultural safety and working within a bi-cultural model. The Centre ensures the delivery of supportive, culturally appropriate primary healthcare and build on existing positive relationships with Aboriginal families to ensure; regular family engagement, increased enrolments, and increased children's participation and attendance.
Many children have Arrernte, Luritja, and Warlpiri languages that are enriched through the Centre program.
For more information on the position please contact: Child Health and Development Centre Manager, Tuki Mutami on (08) 7999 6473 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Total effective package includes: base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, and estimated tax saving from salary packaging options.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.