- Base Salary: $169,552 - $195,780 (p.a.)
- Total Effective Package: $200,457 - $233,377 (p.a.)*
- Full-Time, 2 Year Maximum Term contract
Central Australian Aboriginal Congress not only offers rewarding career options, but a wide range of employee benefits including;
- Competitive salaries
- Six (6) weeks' annual leave
- Generous salary packaging
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
- Access to the Congress health services for you and your family at no cost
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- District allowance and Remote Benefits
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join our Executive team in the role of Executive Director of Central Australian Academic Health Science Network.
This position is full-time and is based in Alice Springs, Northern Territory.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, The Executive Director (ED) provides direct strategic and governance support to the board of the Central Australian Academic Health Science Network (CA AHSN) and manages the day to day operations of CA AHSN.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide high-level leadership and expertise to progress and promote effective Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) opportunities and partnerships in the Central Australian context
- Work closely with health services, academic institutes, and community organisations.
- As the leader of the organisation, the ED will provide appropriate administrative systems to meet the organisation's needs including the key role of strengthening Aboriginal community control of research
- Promote the development of Aboriginal researchers and engagement of the broader Aboriginal community
- Closely monitor and report the financial position of the organisation ensuring good operating results and a strong balance sheet and cash flow
- Demonstrate and deliver high-level leadership and support to partners and staff of CA AHSN
- Create and expand the existing CA AHSN knowledge translation centre funded projects
- The ED is a key spokesperson for the organisation and will represent the organisation to government, at a national, regional and local level and sit on committees of organisations directly related to the core research responsibilities of the CA AHSN
- Represent CA AHSN on the Council of the Australian Health Research Alliance and on the Operations Committee of the Spinifex Network
- Actively seek expanded sources of income for CA AHSN and its projects
For more information on the position please contact Chief Executive Officer, Donna Ah Chee on 08 8951 4401 or email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, 25 September 2020
*Total effective package includes: base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, and estimated tax saving from salary packaging options.